L.A. Turbine – Greater Los Angeles Area
L.A. Turbine is a design and manufacturing company creating application-specific, highly engineered turboexpanders that are used in hydrocarbon processing, geothermal power generation, and other power-recovery or refrigeration applications in industrial processes worldwide. Expert field service, repair, and spare parts are available for all types of turboexpanders.
The company’s operation is vertically integrated with broad engineering expertise and analytical competency, multi-axial CNC machining capability, mechanical assembly, PLC and electrical assembly, complete metal fabrication, and testing facilities that include resonance, balancing, pressure, performance, and mechanical run test.
Position Summary: The Senior Supply Chain Engineer-Buyer is responsible for developing and leading supply chain initiatives and activities, including all aspects of supply chain procurement, material cost reduction, supplier negotiations, quality and delivery improvements, and supply base reduction.
- Perform pre-bidding quoting.
- Write and distribute RFQ’s; receive, analyze and negotiate bids, quotes and proposals.
- Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates price and terms with suppliers, and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness.
- Ability to provide more than one valid sourcing option on RFQ Summaries.
- Able to negotiate standard rates with potential suppliers that are improved when reviewed against current suppliers.
- Oversee direct negotiations with suppliers related to pricing and terms and conditions.
- Order high-value and complex specification materials to fulfill the project requirements.
- Ensure all material is delivered to meet the production schedule in accordance with purchasing policies and procedures.
- Expedite deliveries of components needed for production.
- Review drawings and works with engineering and quality to ensure suppliers clearly understand the order requirements.
- Ensure PO’s reference latest drawing revisions and provides suppliers with drawings, terms and conditions, and customer specifications to procure compliant material.
- Perform supplier qualification and supplier audits.
- Oversee projects to ensure all schedules and deadlines are met.
- Visit supplier’s facilities as necessary to qualify them as new sources and assist in resolution of production, design, quality, and/or delivery problems.
- Support manager in meeting departmental goals and implementing cost saving ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in the following fields: Engineering, Sciences, Business Management, Supply Chain Management; or equivalent to 5+ years of progressive procurement experience within engineering and manufacturing business environments.
- Career background must include experience in organizations which design, engineer and assemble large machinery for use in various global applications including the gas and oil sectors.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in planning, procurement or logistics in an MRP environment.
- 4-6 years of extensive sourcing experience within a technically demanding environment.
- 4-6 years of significant experience of delivering on negotiations.
- 4-6 years of significant experience and knowledge of the supply base relevant to commodity.
- 4-6 years of significant experience in establishing, driving and developing supplier relationships.
- Excellent communicator with interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and sustain day-to-day procurement activities.
- Excellent problem solving capability along with computer proficiency.
- Knowledge of materials management procedures.
- Detail-oriented, excellent time management skills in order to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Supplier Management experience.
- Background in dealing with engineering, document control, and product management functions preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and theoretical understanding of purchasing concepts and practices (i.e. pricing parameter, delivery requirements, quality issues, supplier relationships, changing master schedules, etc.)
- Competent with MS Office Suite, with emphasis on Excel.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with employer contribution. Equal Opportunity Employer.
To inquire about opportunities within L.A. Turbine or to submit your resume please contact our Human Resources department:L.A. Turbine Corporation
28557 Industry Drive
Valencia, CA 91355
Email: humanresources@LATurbine.com Fax: +1 888 674 6503