L.A. Turbine – Greater Los Angeles Area
L.A. Turbine is a design and manufacturing company creating application-specific, highly engineered turboexpanders that are used in hydrocarbon processing, geothermal power generation and other power-recovery or refrigeration applications in industrial processes worldwide. Expert field service, repair, and spare parts are available for all types of turboexpanders.
The company’s operation is vertically integrated with broad engineering expertise and analytical competency, multi-axial CNC machining capability, mechanical assembly, PLC and electrical assembly, complete metal fabrication, and testing facilities that include resonance, balancing, pressure, performance, and mechanical run test.
Position Summary: Candidates should possess a combination of solid mechanical knowledge, hands-on experience and the willingness and ability to learn. The Rotating Equipment Technician, will be responsible for the disassembly, repair, re-assembly and visual inspection of turboexpander components and associated machinery. This is a dynamic position that requires the flexibility to work on different systems, the ability to troubleshoot anomalies and work autonomously to defined schedules, while keeping safety and quality at the forefront of everything that is done.
- Fitting, aligning, calibrating, adjusting and installing parts, mechanisms and components to meet tolerance and product operating requirements.
- Operating precision tools and equipment to perform accurate dimensions without error.
- Using troubleshooting logic to identify defects in component or parts.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and engineering drawings.
- Ability to perform hydrostatic testing.
- Set up and assist the engineering department, test units, and record test data and results.
- Complete required documentation or paperwork with accurate information such as routers, time tickets, and inspection reports.
- Collaborate with production engineers to improve and evaluate rotating equipment.
- Ability to use an arbor press and/or hydraulic puller.
- Install fasteners in correct sequence per drawing, using correct tools.
- Ensure all production services are performed on-time, safely, and in a professional manner.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Familiarity with pneumatic actuators, vibration, speed and temperature sensors.
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience with rotating equipment and high speed machinery dealing with high accuracy.
- Able to drive a fork lift.
- Familiar with inspection equipment i.e., calipers, micrometers, bore gauges.
- Must be able to work while wearing fall protection.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment in work area.
- Identify and describe process problems through the use of corrective action sheet.
- Knowledge of proper use of lifting and rigging equipment.
- Experience with piping, tubing and flanges a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast moving, high pressure environment.
- Must be able to lift a minimum 40 pounds.
- Must be able to use and operate hand tools, power tools and high pressure test equipment.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with employer contribution. Equal Opportunity Employer.
To inquire about opportunities within L.A. Turbine or to submit your resume please contact our Human Resources department:L.A. Turbine Corporation
28557 Industry Drive
Valencia, CA 91355
Email: humanresources@LATurbine.com Fax: +1 888 674 6503